Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Ultimate Frisbee!


Day 118. Most of you know, if not all, that I am a frisbee fanatic. Aka I love to play Ultimate any chance I get. This was something I thought I would rarely get to do, here in Uganda. To my surprise, I have played probably more this semester than I did all of last year! There are, in fact, several local teams that play quite regularly. Almost every other Thursday, several of us have gone to Kampala, the capital city of Uganda, and played with locals, having tons of fun and forming great relationships. So, all of that to say, this last weekend was one of my favorites. I played in my very first Ultimate Frisbee Tournament! (how cool is that!?! first tournament, and it is in Africa!) 11 of us (as seen above) had the chance to go play against 6 other teams in a Round Robin Tournament (aka, you play everyone and the top teams play in the finals). All but us and one other team were locals. The other bazungu team was actually a team consisting of Peace Corps in Uganda, and apparently they were the champs of last year! (we dominated them by the way.) I was very impressed by how good these teams were. It was so much more structured than I could've imagined, plus we got awesome t-shirts! We played exceptionally well with a result of 3 wins and 3 losses, though we only lost by 1 point to each of the 2 teams that made it to the finals. It was so much fun, and I am so very glad that I had the opportunity to be a part of it.

For those of you counting down...I have exactly 2 more weeks in Uganda, and exactly 3 more till I am home sweet home. It is crazy how soon I will be seeing you all again, and am looking forward to it!

Peace,
Joshua

1 comment:

  1. haha way to go! isn't it crazy how some things you'd never expect are worldwide? I can't believe it's almost time for you to come home! this semester has flown by!

    ReplyDelete