Thursday, August 6, 2009

And so it begins.

Hey friends and family! It is upon this very day that Drew Duffy and I leave for an adventure including both Europe and Uganda. Both excitement and nervousness fills my very core. First off, I want to thank everyone for supporting us in your prayers; I hope that you find words to speak over us through the stories of our journey I will post on this blog. For those who don't know, we will be attending Uganda Christian University for the Fall Semester '09 in Mukono, Uganda. Studying Bible, Missions, and African Culture, here we hope to seek Christ's love in a country so far from our own. On my own behalf, I am going to learn and experience how to live cross-culturally. Both Drew and I will be staying with host families in Mukono, a village in between 2 major cities in Uganda, Jinja and Kampala. Though I certainly do not know what to expect, I know God will be my guide, and as Rob Bell shares, I will strive to be "covered in the dust of the Rabbi."

On top of this fantastic adventure in Uganda, Drew and I decided to first backpack Europe, so we will be touring several countries in Europe for these next 3 weeks. These countries we plan to include are England, Belgium, The Netherlands, Germany, Austria, Italy, Switzerland, and France!

I look forward to this grand semester, but will miss all of you so very much. Keep us in your prayers as we will keep you in ours. Though we have no idea how much internet access we will have, both Drew and I will try to keep you updated on our journey. Drew's blog is http://drewduffy.blogspot.com. We would love to hear from you, so comment away!

4 comments:

  1. I love you! Have a super trip. You are going to have so much fun and grow so much. Love ya, Mamma

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't beleve you guys have this opportunity! I'm sure you'll both have such a great time. Best of luck to you and God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great time man. We'll miss you around ORU.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are an amazing person and I am so proud to call you my nephew. Have a great time, you will be in our prayers daily!

    Love,
    Aunt Rebecca

    ReplyDelete